07 June 2011

Ahhh, now that feels much better!


Yes
it 
does....

Amazing to me...
what a weekend of doing 
absolutely nothing 
that
I don't 
want to do....
does for my attitude.

Lest you think me
a big blob of laziness,
I did laundry (couldn't wait!)
I vacuumed (also couldn't wait!)
and I 
re-wrapped
 every
 single
 wedding/shower
 gift, 
left at our house,
 in bubble wrap and tissue,
in preparation 
for delivery later in the summer.
I was soooooo
ready to have the whole affair behind me
that I couldn't wait to get my life back.

The sheets are clean,
the guest room is available,
the carpets are crap-free,
the kitchen has been re-stocked,
the flowers freshened,
the patio swept,
well,
you get the picture,

Of course,
all this cleaning up
has triggered an onslaught of 
HOT-FLASHES!
HOLY FLAMING HEAD, BATMAN!

the last few nights have been 
an exercise in aerobics,
in and out of the bed,
potty visits,
change of gowns,
re-directing the fan....
but at least 
I have my home back...
smiles.

9 comments:

  1. I always enjoy a good house purge after a big event.

    (And for the hot flashes? When I started eating ground flax seed on a regular basis they got better.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap-free carpet!! that's what I love!! heheh

    Oh no.. the hot flushes!! I was having those constantly till I found out i was insulin resistant and stopped eating sugar and bad carbs.. much better now!!.. that is probably only for a few more years.

    Sorry I've been so absent.. lousy internet and blogger a pain!!.. Have a great week.. ciao xxx Julie PS.. great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like you had quite a shindig at your house. I love the photo in your other post of the Daddy-daughter dance. It brings back memories.

    If you get a chance, stop by my blog tomorrow, I'm having a blog hop just for us boomers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flax seed!...might try that...
    and
    sugar and carbs, whoa! that's everything I have eaten for the past 3 weeks...it wasn't a vegetarian wedding, believe me...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AND, Ann! so glad you stopped by, I will be there tomorrow!....the groom to be stayed with us the whole week prior to the wedding. As I took the newly married couple to the airport last week, he thanked me for not planning all of his time, said that he enjoyed the "down time"....smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had an audible intake of breath when I saw that photo! Gorgeous!

    Isn't it zen-ful when everything is restored to order and quiet returns to your home?

    RX for hot flashes: soy isoflavones, flaxseed oil and evening primrose oil. The best is soy isoflavones.

    All three are natural and good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A well deserved weekend. Nothing like a good cleaning binge to work off the angries. Nothing like a clean fresh space to make one feel peaceful. As for the flashes, just part of a life well lived I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.