05 May 2008

What a wonderful world...


This is my friend Bill.
Bill has been gone now for slightly over a year.
On Saturday we had a celebration of his life.
His wife, Ruthanne, has been one of my favorite people in the world.
She misses him so much, that it is very hard to find the words.
However, she smiles like a sunflower.
She laughs as though he were still with us, laughing too.
(I think he is...)
As I created a video of photos that Ruthanne lent me, I know that Bill was right there with me. He nudged me in certain directions and moved me away from other ones. The result was pretty incredible.
We cried a little, and laughed a lot!
I hope that I have learned something from this experience.
I hope that I have learned that to celebrated someone's life is so much better than to mourn. I have learned that laughing heals. I have learned that a simple smile can change someone's life. So, if I have nothing better to bring to the table, I should at least smile.
Grace is an interesting thing.
Almost never anticipated, and yet, always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.