08 April 2008

A new day.....


Yesterday was the funeral.
It was tough.
I am completely worn out today. My muscles are aching from being so tense yesterday. My neck is so sore, my head hurts, and even my back hurts. I guess this just goes along with the ride.
Anne is laid to rest in a beautiful place. Right in the middle of her small town, a place of peace, and beautiful nature. She is surrounded by very large trees, and very old headstones, some with dates to the 1700's. It is only a couple of blocks from the small home she shared with her daughters, and a few more away from her parents.
I saw friends from childhood that I only seem to see at weddings and funerals, now.
It was almost surreal.
Lots of emotion. Lots of tears. Relief for her.
Sad, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.