11 October 2011

I think I have noticed a trend...

It seems that 
"realism" is out the door with yesterdays newspaper...
(sorry to all suffering periodicals!)

What I mean by realism is; 
photojournalism,
documentation,
recording factual information.....

I know, I know.....
I am so "yesterday"...
passe'....
old-fashioned...
out of touch....
OLD!

I can't help that,
but what I have spent most of my career in photography
attempting to do, is no longer popular, apparently.....

Have you noticed all the photo-trickery?
Over exposed,
out of focus,
or
serious color saturation?

All of it, done on the computer in 
Photoshop, Aperture, or the like....
Interesting, but is it anything like reality?

I use iPhoto and Aperture,
I have used Photoshop Elements on previous computers.
I like all and both..
It makes producing a quality image for my customers so much more 
well, efficient.
Also, I love to be able to switch easily from color to B/W.
I am seriously grateful to have the power to eliminate the stray dog, person, car, or
"you name it" from the background of "on-location" shoots.

Sometimes though,
I like the messiness of film shooting...
it was more intensive, but at the same time,
when I recorded what I saw as the perfect image.....
I knew, I had earned it.
What do you think?
smiles

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the purism but all the tech stuff sure is fun to play with. I don't think you can trust any digital photo to show the "real" image anymore though. Kind of creepy in a sci fy way if you think about it. But thinking too much has always gotten me in trouble, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.