09 January 2010

Certainty...


To be uncertain is to be uncomfortable,
but to be certain is to
be ridiculous.
-Chinese Proverb

I like this.
It reminds me of how far I have come on this journey of life.
I am no longer certain of everything....
in fact, I am certain of only a few things.
Which actually
makes things easier....

It has taken me a very long time
to realize that I usually do not
have all the information.
Imagine that!
Now most of you
are probably thinking....
"Well....that's pretty obvious!"
But...
to me
it wasn't...
I was pretty sure
that I knew how everyone should act,
what their job was...
and how they fit in to the
grand scheme of things.....
But....
I now know that
it isn't my responsibility,
job, mission, or goal
to know these things....
In fact I don't even know
what my purpose is most of the time.
But if I trust,
have faith,
show up,
encourage,
praise,
smile....
well, I
believe
that is
just about enough.

4 comments:

  1. I used to be like you. EVERYONE needed to do what I thought they should. A few years ago I realized how ridiculous that thinking was...

    It's a much better way to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said. and gorgeous flower pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Love your flower. Leigh

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.