29 October 2009

Fall Blooms....


There are certain things that just make you smile.
Fall Blooms,
who wouldn't smile at this bee
climbing all over the excessive pollen found on this
Camellia blossom?
Just the idea of scurrying from one bloom to another...
gathering the stocks that help survival
through the winter
months...
Isn't that what we would be doing if
we weren't so spoiled by all the
"creature comforts" of living in modern society?
Don't
get
me
wrong...
I
love,
love,
love,
said comforts...
Really I do.
But
I also
have a sort of primal
reaction to fall.
One where I have the impulse to
reorganize,
gather,
store,
maybe even...
hoard...
(hard to admit that...)
But I think it must be
stored deep within our DNA
that instinct to prepare for the
cold months.
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Fall, especially the rainy weather we've had here the majority of the last two weeks, makes me want to hibernate and eat comfort foods.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.