10 July 2008

Old Friends.....

Can sometimes be the the best friends....
and sometimes,
they are like relatives.

Today I am having lunch with my friend, Cheri.
We have known each other for over 45 years.
We have been best friend for most of those years.

Now we are like sisters.
She is older than me, so she thinks she knows what's best.
I have seen more of this world, so I worry about her.

There is a strong bond.....
that sometimes sustains,
and sometimes strains......

We live about 45 minutes from each other now.
When we were growing up, we lived less than 100 yards from each other.
We saw each other, everyday. Now, we see each other about once a month.

We have traveled very different paths, but parallel in many ways.
We love and respect each other.
But we can be each others harshest critics.......

I worry more about her than I do my own child.
Mainly, because I know he has more common sense.
She lacks perspective on reality.

I am always emotionally exhausted when I have spent the day with Cheri,
and in some ways I am also renewed.
I am always grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.