24 October 2009

I may have already told you....

About this wonderful place on the Eastern Shore of
Maryland....
in the locale of Public Landing, MD....
is where we booked the
Sunset Cottage....
a sweet intimate place....
perfect for a private getaway.


View from the dock, toward the east....

the dining room, a delightful Hodge-podge of chairs and a large table,
with an old map of the Eastern Shore
on the wall...
Crabbin' cage, if you are feelin' crabby...
and neighbors in the distance...


The front of the cottage, which I didn't even see until
morning, as we were so enamored with the sunset from the dock the
night before, that we didn't even venture out....


The back side of the house, complete with fish cleanin' station...
Leading up to this visit,
we had been with family constantly for several days,
talking till our mouths hurt...
we had driven from
Cape Cod down the DelMarVa peninsula
to Public Landing,
all in this one day,
so we were
tired,
bone tired.
This place
restored our souls...





4 comments:

  1. It looks so lovely. Glad you had a get away! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say I love your blog - it's so relaxing to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you,
    I try to be relaxed when I write...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I love the fish sink. What a cozy sweet place to stay :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.