17 October 2009

I am lost in a maze of photo files....

But,...it's fun...
I love re-living the experience of our trip to
If you have the opportunity to go...
do it.
The gardens are made up of 4 former rice plantations,
bought and saved by a couple in the early part of the twentieth century.

The wrought iron is everywhere....

The lush gardens have been manicured in a most natural way...


Some areas of the gardens are more formal..and arranged...



Others are quite wild....
The day that we visited for the first time,
was overcast, grey, and a bit cool...
The weather made photography interesting...
One might think it would leave things flat..
it could have...
but a little manipulation..and
wah-lah!
an image that I really love....
I love that!
When I first cradled a camera,
many years ago...
the technology was such that your manipulation
took place at the time of focusing.
Now I can think about what I want to do with my image
while it is uploading to my computer...
Over the weekend
I am taking the time for myself...
so that I can smell the swamp water...
hear those cranes, egrets and
eagles...
feel the splatter of the water from the fountains...
Ah...
fall in the south...
smiles.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful what we can do with our photos now :-). Lovely shots.xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.