25 July 2008

Well here goes...


My hope is that by posting this I will find this couple.
It all began long ago and far away....
Actually, March 2003, Rome, Italy.
St. Peter's Square, next to one of the fountains.
I was on a trip with my girlfriends.
On this particular day we went to St, Peter's for the tour and the long arduous climb to the top of the dome.
When we came down and out into the "square" which is oval, we came across a group of tourist that were holding signs, one word each, Asking for some one's hand in marriage. Then we saw the couple, she was crying and definitely had said "yes". I took a number of photos, on the fly, none too perfect, but they may be the only recording of this event. If anyone sees this and knows the couple, who I think I remember were from Wisconsin?, please have them look and confirm that this is them....
I would love to forward more photos to them.......

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.