02 December 2012

The happiest time of the year.....

well,
Those are easy words to say....
and even, to write...

But along with the decorations,
the tree,
the holly, garland and lights,
there are those who are suffering 
with 
feelings of loneliness,
fear,
isolation,
and 
grief.

I know
of a family who recently lost the dad,
and just this past week,
their house burned completely to the ground.
So,
there is a mother and two small children
suffering.

People are helping to get them on their feet...
But the feelings are there...
and overwhelm....








So,
as you celebrate with family and friends,
remember those who are not feeling the 
"spirit of the season" 
and 
be 
grateful.....

smiles.

6 comments:

  1. You are so right. Christmas is hard for many. Trying to make things perfect and the whole concept of what we have turned this season into makes it unattainable.
    We have turned what should be a quiet, peaceful season, into a miserable stress filled one. Even worse for those coping with loss or illness or loneliness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, thank you.....I had a feeling you would understand.....smiles

      Delete
  2. Such an important post. This is always the time of the year when I am reminded of those who are less fortunate and need our help. To help others at this time of the year is the most important thing we can do. Here in Los Angeles, I work with an organization that helps the homeless. I hope you are enjoying the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunday!....I too receive more than I give whenever I volunteer. Hope your holidays are peaceful.....smiles

      Delete
  3. You're so right, Ellen, so many are hurting now and we all have SO much to be thankful for!!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea, Anne, that my post would be so apropos......how sad.....thank you for your visit!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.