15 June 2012

TGIF!

I love the weekends!
don't you?

I didn't always...
once, many moons ago,
I had to work almost every weekend.

It was a good job, 
some even considered it a 
"dream job"...
but it took me away from
those that I loved the most...

So,
it had to go...
I grew up and no longer wanted 
the "good life" that took me to 
exotic places...

I wanted to enjoy 
the very special
"quiet moments"

a popsicle with my son...
my dog licking my feet...
the sun warming my face....
my father's stories...
my mother's meatloaf....
laughter with my girlfriends...
all of it could not wait 
not one more minute
without me.....

So,
enjoy where you are planted....












Take care of YOU this weekend!.....
smiles

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen!

    Beautiful sentiment and wonderful photos. What we're looking for is so often what we already have.

    I'll take your advice and do something me-ish this weekend. Now, if only I could get around to getting that soaker tub installed!

    Thanks so much for stopping by, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy father's day, Georgianna and thank you for all the glorious images I see at your space..... smiles

      Delete
  2. Ellen, It's always a good reminder to get present as our lives are literally in the moments, no?

    Kim Kelly
    BellaRustica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim!....absolutely!,,,,,I find that I am happier there anyway.....smiles

      Delete
  3. Great reminder - so true, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.