04 November 2009

At the airport...

I had the occasion to be at the airport
recently....
I love the airport.
Most people hate the hassle...
not me.
I was a flight attendant when they broke
ground on the current terminal.
We used to work out of a building that had a ground floor
concourse...
and when you boarded your flight,
your walked outside for awhile
before you came to your aircraft,
and then you climbed the stairs.
If it was raining,
you were given a huge umbrella,
that you promptly
surrendered to the agent at the bottom of the stairs,
so that the entrance to the aircraft was left free of obstruction.
Convoluted.......yes.
exciting....yes.
Do I want to do that again....no.
On my recent visit,
I waited in the "cell phone" parking area,
close to the car rental lots...
There I was amazed at how much had changed,
and
how lucky I was to have worked in an industry that
has suffered greatly.
I love flying,
it used to be special.
These days it is not.
It is a hassle.
But I still love it.
smiles.









These were some of the sights
that entertained me as I sat in the "cell phone" lot.
Waiting is not so bad when you have a camera.
I can always find something to shoot.
More smiles.

1 comment:

  1. I love being on the plane in the air, but hate airports :-). xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.