21 August 2009

Years ago...and not so far away....


I was a lifeguard....
for several summers, in high school and college...
it was great...
lots of time in the sun...
the sounds of water play...
time to myself..
time to write...
time to see the world in a different light....
I was so spoiled...
Now, I struggle to get in my artist's date....
I even stubbornly ignore morning pages...
I am the Artist's Way dropout.
I know you are out there thinking...
"Me too"!
I'll not let her know that though...
I'll let her think that I use my tools regularly...
You don't fool me...
I can't possibly be the only one who has let her
most trusted tools fall by the wayside...
Please...
let me know if you are with me...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen, thanks for the visit! I had not heard of The Artist's Way. I will definitely check it out.

    And even if you consider yourself a dropout, your images are still lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a drop out I didn't even attempt to start. That means I am more of a drop out than you :-).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...I am grateful....smiles.